Why choose an electric pallet over a manual pallet truck
Pallet trucks are a must-have for most if not all warehouses. They save time and are easy to maneuver. Where a forklift can’t go, a pallet truck can!
Here are some pros and cons for a manual vs an electric pallet truck:
Manual Pallet Truck
When it comes to cost, buying a manual pallet truck is a better option. They are the most basic pallet truck option. Their capacity ranges from 5,000 to 5,500 lbs and very simple to operate.
· Lower initial cost and maintenance cost
· Excellent maneuverability
· Simple design
· Limited capacity by how much the worker can handle
· Moving loads across a large warehouse could be hard
· Injuries are more common with manual pallet trucks than electric
Electric Pallet Truck
The difference of an electric pallet truck vs a manual pallet truck is that they perform the same function as a manual but with the assistance of an electric motor. The motor propels the pallet truck and assists with raising and lowering the forks. Because of this, forks can be raised higher with an electric pallet truck contrary to a manual pallet truck. Electric pallet trucks can be used for several hours before they need to be recharged. Capacities range from 2,000 to 6,000 lbs for a basic electric pallet truck.
For operations that only need to move products horizontally, not vertically, a ride-on electric pallet truck can be cheaper alternative to a forklift. Ride-on electric truck also offer better visibility because the operator stands on the equipment and can easily avoid collisions.
· Reduces strain on operator
· Increases productivity
· Better for moving taller pallet stacks
· Costs more
· Components require more maintenance
· Takes longer to stop machine