Series R Inflatable Rail Shelter
Designed for openings up to 10’ wide X 10’ high, the series “R” provides the optimum airtight insulated passage way from the loading dock to the railcar. Once inflated the pressure against the railcar creates a gasket sealing effect that is maintained during operations regardless of wind or car movement. The unique roller retraction system quickly deflates the unit against the wall when the motor is turned off . Super Seal’s exclusive “Rip Stop” fabric developed specifically for inflatables will give years of trouble free service. The series “R” creates an optimum seal that blocks out foul weather, insects, dust and dirt, while saving money on energy costs. Inflatable rail shelters will help productivity by increasing safety, protecting personnel, products and equipment.
Inflatable rail shelter(s) to be Series “R” as manufactured by Super Seal Mfg. Ltd., Woodbridge, Ontario. Inflatable rail shelter(s) to be manufactured to fit door openings size(s) ___ft. wide X ___ft. high. Air bag unit to be one (1) piece unitized construction consisting of two (2) verticals and one (1) header member. The air bag is to be fastened onto a 2” X 12” pressure treated wood frame, (supplied unassembled by manufacturer) through brass plated grommets using galvanized wood screws. The bottom of the vertical seals to include holes for venting of air and to assist in moisture drainage. The top of the unit shall be sloped to shed water down the sides. Each unit includes an externally mounted 1/2 HP motor/blower complete with a manual ON/OFF switc and a galvanized steel protective hood. Unit is inflated by turning switch on and deflates when the motor/blower is turned off. Unit retraction assisted by means of a series of gravity roller brackets and internal counter weight system. Unit to be manufactured of exclusive 16 oz. vinyl “RipStop” fabric. Double stitched, high strength twisted 4 ply 100% polyester bonded thread UV treated used for sewing throughout. Unit shall be furnished with all necessary mounting hardware, galvanized to resist corrosion.
Series “R” Product Details:
- Series “R” 3 sided unit standard dimensions for door openings 10’ wide X 10’ high are 12’ wide X 11’ high (O.D.) with a 48” projection, and a 12” wide face across the air bags when inflated.
- One piece unitized construction air bag for ease of installation.
- Exclusive 16 oz. vinyl “RipStop” fabric developed specifically for inflatable units gives years of trouble free service.
- Can be part of a totally automated dock loading system.
- Inflatable rail shelter projection determined by measuring from inside first rail to building wall less 24” (2’).